"The Great Eight," Sept. 12, 2015
*** Please note: The Gallery will probably take 30 seconds to a minute to load the first time you view this page, because images are rather large in filesize for optimal viewing quality. Please read the instructions and notes below carefully while you wait for the gallery to load!
With Chinese internet being unreliable and slow, if the pictures are still loading very slowly, or seem to not load at all after giving it a minute, try connecting with a VPN. If you have problems still, just let me know, and we'll find a work-around.
Hello to "The Great Eight!" What a fun group - I truly had such a great time working with all of you, and I love the images we got!
The images below are the 'first picks' I made of all those I shot. As you can see, there are quite a few! Now you have the hard job in this next phase - picking your favorites, and the images you'd like me to do final edits of. As you pick, keep in mind the following tips and instructions:
Notes Specifically For This Album:
1) There are a number of similar 'candid' shots of the family walking, etc. - while they are similar in nature, and what you pick is up to you, I left them all in because I didn't know if one particular spot would be more meaningful to you.
2) Your "I Love Shanghai" package includes:
- 30 final edited images from this gallery (orig. 25, + 5 free from referral)
Prints of EITHER:
- ten 5x7" prints (can be glossy or matte - I prefer matte, but entirely up to you)
Coordinating selections among the eight of you may be tricky - and you can do so however you want, but I'd recommend having everyone choose 3-4 images first as their 'favorites, consolidating that list to see where there is overlap (it's likely that at least several pictures will be chosen by multiple people), and then distribute the remaning spots again amongst all of you. Or, you can all choose 2 images, and appoint someone to be chief editor and select the remaining group images. :) Again - totally up to you! I just need a final list of the 30 you want edited at the end.
For any package, additional images can be edited and included at full resolution for an additional fee, or bought in 'packages' as listed below
Single additional edited image: 100 rmb
5 additional edited images: 400 rmb
10 additional edited images: 700 rmb
All remaining images in gallery: 1500 rmb
3) Please make your choices by leaving a 'comment' in the box below these instructions (I've left additional instructions there!). BE SURE to email or text me when you've left your comments, so I know they are there. I check back on these pages every few days, but I don't get an automatic notification when you've made your selections. :) If it's easier, you can also email me.
1) All images in the preview gallery have only minor edits done thus far - basically just small adjustments if I would have planned on cropping in advance, etc. There is no "touching up" of faces/stray hairs/etc. yet - so don't worry about skin blemishes, blowing hair etc. - I'm very good at editing those types of details! Please also note that whenever possible, I'll remove distracting background elements like people, trashcans, etc. if I can do so and still have it look natural - basically, I'll make your final selection edits reflect the absolute best those particular pictures can be.
2) Pick images based on things like: what you have the strongest emotional response to, expressions, poses, and overall composition/framing. Don't leave an image off of your 'list' of picks because of small variations in color, tone, or small distractions (like a few stray hairs that are out of place, etc.). Those issues can all typically be fixed/corrected in editing.
3) All images below are not full-resolution; they are sized for convenient downloading/viewing here on the website. I will edit the final images you choose and give them to you on a flash drive, or make them available for digital download at full resolution, without a watermark. The size of final images is quite large - and more than enough to make large (actually, gigantic!) prints of if you wish.
4) Different people have different tastes when it comes to editing in Photoshop. I always aim for a balance of editing that looks natural, but that highlights the beauty of the subject in the most flattering way possible. Some people like images to be almost completely unedited - leave all freckles, moles, etc. I can edit the pictures for you according to your preferences - because they need to be images that resonate with you! Please also don't be embarassed to request just about anything - if I can do it, I am happy to!
Selecting Your Final Images for Editing:
Please follow the instructions in the comment box below for selecting the final images you want me to edit and get to you in full-resolution. Once you have finished selecting your images in the comment box below, please either send me an email () - text, WeChat, or WhatsApp messages are also fine! Editing/printing will typically take approximately 7 business days from the day you have made your selections; I try to get them done as quickly as possible, however!
Once editing is finished, I will get the final edited images to you and your print. If you have selected additional images beyond what the package includes, we can discuss the easiest way to make the payment then (usually at the time I deliver the final images).
I can't wait to see what you pick! You all truly, truly were awesome - and I'm honored to get to capture this set of memories amongst such a great group of friends!