Marylou Sun, April 11, 2015
*** Please note: The Gallery will probably take 30 seconds to a minute to load the first time you view this page, because images are rather large in filesize for optimal viewing quality. Please read the instructions and notes below carefully while you wait for the gallery to load!
With Chinese internet being unreliable and slow, if the pictures are still loading very slowly, or seem to not load at all after giving it a minute, try connecting with a VPN. If you have problems still, just let me know, and we'll find a work-around.
Hi Marylou and family! - I had such a great time working with you all! You were absolute champs that day... the girls were especially awesome hiking all around like that! Glad the weather finally gave us a gorgeous day, and I'm glad we were able to do a location session - I think the images are a lot more meaningful for it! Love the images we got together! :)
The images below are the 'first picks' I made of all those I shot. Now you have the hard job in this next phase - picking your favorites, and the images you'd like me to do final edits of. As you can see below, it was really difficult for me to narrow down the preview gallery... we got a lot of great images! As you pick, keep in mind the following tips and instructions:
Notes Specifically For This Album:
1) I left a few of the 'candid' shots in the gallery - especially ones of the girls making funny faces. Normally, I wouldn't include those in the final gallery, and don't select them as final images to edit - but if you want them, I'll include them unedited with your other final images. They were just cute/funny, so I left them here!
2) Marylou - let me know if you want me to email you a Paypal link, or if you'd prefer to pay by local bank transfer/cash. As I mentioned, I'll email you a sheet of other print prices, but because of the last-minute studio cancellation the week before this, you can either take 300rmb off the normal package price of 2500rmb, or apply the difference towards an enlarged print/canvas, extra final edited images, etc. - basically, either take it as a flat discount, or put it towards prints. Up to you!
2) The "I Love Shanghai" package includes:
- 25 final edited images from this gallery
Prints of EITHER:
- one 8x12 print
- ten 4x6 prints
- three 8x12 prints
When you make your selections below, just let me know in the comments (or by email) what images you'd also like printed (they can be different images/in any combo... just let me know).
For any package, additional images can be edited and included at full resolution for an additional fee, or bought in 'packages' as listed below
Single additional edited image: 100 rmb
5 additional edited images: 400 rmb
10 additional edited images: 700 rmb
3) Please make your choices by leaving a 'comment' in the box below these instructions (I've left additional instructions there!). BE SURE to email or text me when you've left your comments, so I know they are there. I check back on these pages every few days, but I don't get an automatic notification when you've made your selections. :)
1) All images are essentially unedited, except for some minor adjustments if I would have planned on cropping in advance, etc. Otherwise, they are taken as-shot, straight out of the camera. Don't worry about skin blemishes, blowing hair etc. - I'm very good at editing those types of details! Please also note that whenever possible, I'll remove distracting background elements - basically, I'll make your final selection edits reflect the absolute best those particular pictures can be.
2) Pick images based on things like: what you have the strongest emotional response to, expressions, poses, and overall composition/framing. Don't leave an image off of your 'list' of picks because of small variations in color, tone, or small distractions (like a few stray hairs that are out of place, etc.). Those issues can all typically be fixed/corrected in editing.
3) All images below are not full-resolution - they are sized for convenient downloading/viewing here on the website. I will edit the final images you choose and give them to you on a flash drive, or make them available for digital download at full resolution, without a watermark. The size of final images is quite large - and more than enough to make large (actually, gigantic!) prints of if you wish.
4) Different people have differnent tastes when it comes to editing in Photoshop. I always aim for a balance of editing that looks natural, but that highlights the beauty of the subject in the most flattering way possible. Some people like images to be almost completely unedited - leave all freckles, moles, etc. I can edit the pictures for you according to your preferences - because they need to be images that resonate with you!
Selecting Your Final Images for Editing:
Please follow the instructions in the comment box below for selecting the final images you want me to edit and get to you in full-resolution. Once you have finished selecting your images in the comment box below, please either send me an email () - text, WeChat, or WhatsApp messages are also fine! Editing/printing will typically take approximately 7 business days from the day you have made your selections; I try to get them done as quickly as possible, however!
Once editing is finished, I will get the final edited images to you and your print. If you have selected additional images beyond what the package includes, we can discuss the easiest way to make the payment then (usually at the time I deliver the final images).
I can't wait to see what you pick!