Misty & Brian, 2016
*** Please note: The Gallery will probably take 30 seconds to a minute to load the first time you view this page, because images are rather large in filesize for optimal viewing quality. Please read the instructions and notes below carefully while you wait for the gallery to load!
With Chinese internet being unreliable and slow, if the pictures are still loading very slowly, or seem to not load at all after giving it a minute, try connecting with a VPN. If you have problems still, just let me know, and we'll find a work-around.
Hi Misty and Brian! I had such a great time working with you to get these images- and am so honored to get to do this with you before you head back to the US!
The images below are the 'first picks' I made of all those I shot... and as you can see, there a LOT (far more than usual, honestly). To keep this simple, focus on choosing the ones you want prints of first, and I can get those done and back to you before you leave. Then, focus on the other ones you want as final edits (choose a total of 30, including the ones you selected for print/s).
I'll also give you all the other images in the gallery besides the ones you choose for final editing, unedited - so no big stress about choosing, and if you ever decide later you love something that didn't make the cut for edits, just let me know and I'll get that to you as a digital download.
Notes Specifically For This Album:
1) There are a number of similar 'candid' shots of all of you walking in various places throughout the session; while they are similar in nature, and what you pick is up to you, I left them all in because I didn't know if one particular spot/street would be more meaningful to you.
2) The Bund skyline shots have a lot of variety, but the main thing is to choose the poses of the family that appeal to you the most. I appear in most images - this is just a technique I use for this particular series to maximize options for removing distracting people/bystanders from the final image. I'll obviously be edited out of all final images - but as an example, refer to the first image (001) as an example of this.
3) The "I Love Shanghai" package includes:
- 30 final edited images from this gallery
Prints of EITHER:
- one 40x60 cm
- three 8x12 in prints
3) Please make your choices by leaving a 'comment' in the box below these instructions (I've left additional instructions there!). BE SURE to email or text me when you've left your comments, so I know they are there. I check back on these pages every few days, but I don't get an automatic notification when you've made your selections. :)
1) All images in the preview gallery virtually no editing done so far - so don't worry about color or hair wisps or anything - those will all be really brushed up for final edited images. I'm very good at editing those types of details! Please also note that whenever possible, I'll remove distracting background elements like people, trashcans, etc. if I can do so and still have it look natural - basically, I'll make your final selection edits reflect the absolute best those particular pictures can be.
2) Pick images based on things like: what you have the strongest emotional response to, expressions, poses, and overall composition/framing. Don't leave an image off of your 'list' of picks because of small variations in color, tone, or small distractions (like a few stray hairs that are out of place, etc.). Those issues can all typically be fixed/corrected in editing.
3) All images below are not full-resolution; they are sized for convenient downloading/viewing here on the website. I will edit the final images you choose and give them to you on a flash drive, or make them available for digital download at full resolution, without a watermark. The size of final images is quite large - and more than enough to make large (actually, gigantic!) prints of if you wish.
4) Different people have different tastes when it comes to editing in Photoshop. I always aim for a balance of editing that looks natural, but that highlights the beauty of the subject in the most flattering way possible. Some people like images to be almost completely unedited - leave all freckles, moles, etc. I can edit the pictures for you according to your preferences - because they need to be images that resonate with you!
I can't wait to see what you pick!