Mergler Family, Nov. 13th, 2014
*** Please note: The Gallery will probably take 30 seconds to a minute to load the first time you view this page, because images are rather large in filesize for optimal viewing quality. Please read the instructions and notes below carefully while you wait for the gallery to load!
With Chinese internet being unreliable and slow, if the pictures are still loading very slowly, or seem to not load at all after giving it a minute, try connecting with a VPN. If you have problems still, just let me know, and we'll find a work-around.
Hi there Tracy and Chris! It was such a joy to work with your family - I think we got some great images, and you were all amazing (it makes my job much easier to shoot such a good-looking family!)!
The images below are the 'first picks' I made of all those I shot. Now you have the hard job in this next phase - picking your favorites, and the images you'd like me to do final edits of. As you pick, keep in mind the following tips and instructions:
Notes Specifically For This Album:
1) For the set of the family on the Bund, there are a variety of poses/options. Choose the ones you like based on the family poses - as I will spend quite a bit of extra time with the images you choose from this set in particular to do DEEP edits to leave you with final images.... just focus on the family poses you like best. Also, you'll see I'm in most of the pictures holding the flash to give you an accent light that matches the exposure of the skyline; I will obviously edit myself out, along with all of the people in the background (we got lucky there with a low-traffic day!), optimizing the sky, etc. - so don't worry about that. Just choose based on the family poses you like the best!
2) Your promo package includes 25 edited images delivered to you at full resolution, and a print package of one 8x10", ten 4x6" prints, and four wallet size prints, and 30% off a la carte prints/extra images. As we talked about though, given the purpose of the shoot for you as a memory session, and given the move, etc. - you can also choose equivalent prints of either:
- Three 8x10 prints
- One 16x24" print
The printing costs the same - so it's just at cost for those different options. Up to you! If it's possible to let me know the images you want as your final prints sooner than later, I can do those first and drop them off at the printer ASAP - but like I said, it should take no more than 4 days to get prints back. So try to at least get me those choices for prints by Monday, and the others by Tuesday at the latest, so I've got enough time to do the final edits on all, and get your flash drive with final pics to you. If you are having trouble, or that's not enough time, just let me know, and I can always find another way to get the final pictures to you!
When you make your selections below, just let me know in the comments (or by email) what images you'd also like printed (they can be different images/in any combo... just let me know).
For any package, additional images can be edited and included at full resolution for an additional fee, or bought in 'packages' as listed below (which are listed at the a la carte 30% discount you get as noted above).
Single additional edited image: 70rmb (normally 100 rmb)
5 additional edited images: 280 rmb (normally 400 rmb)
10 additional edited images: 490 rmb (normally 700 rmb)
3) Please make your choices by leaving a 'comment' in the box below these instructions (I've left additional instructions there!).
1) All images are essentially unedited, except for some minor adjustments if I would have planned on cropping in advance, or if I would suggest a particular image in B&W vs. color, for example (although, you can always get one I have shown below in color instead of B&W, or vice-versa). Otherwise, they are taken as-shot, straight out of the camera. Don't worry about skin blemishes, etc. - I'm very good at editing those types of details! Please also note that whenever possible, I'll remove distracting background elements - basically, I'll make your final selections reflect the absolute best those particular pictures can be.
2) Pick images based on things like: what you have the strongest emotional response to, expressions, poses, and overall composition/framing. Don't leave an image off of your 'list' of picks because of small variations in color, tone, or small distractions (like a few stray hairs that are out of place, etc.). Those issues can all typically be fixed/corrected in editing.
3) All images below are not full-resolution - they are sized for convenient downloading/viewing here on the website. I will edit the final images you choose and give them to you on a flash drive, or make them available for digital download at full resolution, without a watermark. The size of final images is quite large - and more than enough to make large (actually, gigantic!) prints of if you wish.
4) Different people have differnent tastes when it comes to editing in Photoshop. I always aim for a balance of editing that looks natural, but that highlights the beauty of the subject in the most flattering way possible. Some people like images to be almost completely unedited - leave all freckles, moles, etc. I can edit the pictures for you according to your preferences - because they need to be images that resonate with you!
Selecting Your Final Images for Editing:
Please follow the instructions in the comment box below for selecting the final images you want me to edit and get to you in full-resolution. Once you have finished selecting your images in the comment box below, please either send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) - text, WeChat, or WhatsApp messages are also fine! Editing will typically take no more than one week from the day you have made your selections; I try to get them done as quickly as possible, however!
Once editing is finished, I will get the final edited images to you and your print. If you have selected additional images beyond what the package includes, we can discuss the easiest way to make the payment then (usually at the time I deliver the final images).
I can't wait to see what you pick!