McManus Family, March 7, 2015
*** Please note: The Gallery will probably take 30 seconds to a minute to load the first time you view this page, because images are rather large in filesize for optimal viewing quality. Please read the instructions and notes below carefully while you wait for the gallery to load!
With Chinese internet being unreliable and slow, if the pictures are still loading very slowly, or seem to not load at all after giving it a minute, try connecting with a VPN. If you have problems still, just let me know, and we'll find a work-around.
Hi Alan and Carmen - LOVE so many of these, and am so glad that we were able to get back to the Bund for these shots! Truly, such an honor to get to photograph such a beautiful family - and that we're blessed to call you friends is icing on the cake!
So, as I said before - the main thing is (with this and the other gallery) - pick about 25 of your absolute "top" favorites, and I'll do a full round of polish-up to those, but I'll put all the other images from both galleries on your flash drive as well so you've got them all.
1) For this set, just keep in mind that for the bund images at the very beginning from the tripod, I'll be edited out of those pictures (obviously!) as will any walker-by people that may appear. Just focus on the picture(s) of the three of you in those first images that you like best, and the rest will be all taken care of in post-editing and Photoshop.
2) Some of these I think I'm going to really like in black & white too - but for now, just choose these based in color, and I'll put any that I think look best in B&W in as well (along with the color versions). Edits in B&W images are a little different in technique, so it's not just the same as converting it to black and white with a single filter - but some, to my eye, will really lend themselves to that. :)
2) Pick images based on things like: what you have the strongest emotional response to, expressions, poses, and overall composition/framing. Don't leave an image off of your 'list' of picks because of small variations in color, tone, or small distractions (like a few stray hairs that are out of place, etc.). Those issues can all typically be fixed/corrected in editing.
3) All images below are not full-resolution - they are sized for convenient downloading/viewing here on the website. I will edit the final images you choose and give them to you on a flash drive, or make them available for digital download at full resolution, without a watermark. The size of final images is quite large - and more than enough to make large (actually, gigantic!) prints of if you wish.
4) Different people have different tastes when it comes to editing in Photoshop. I always aim for a balance of editing that looks natural, but that highlights the beauty of the subject in the most flattering way possible. Some people like images to be almost completely unedited - leave all freckles, moles, etc. I can edit the pictures for you according to your preferences - because they need to be images that resonate with you!
Selecting Your Final Images for Editing:
Please follow the instructions in the comment box below for selecting the final images you want me to edit and get to you in full-resolution. Once you have finished selecting your images in the comment box below, please either send me an email () - text, WeChat, or WhatsApp messages are also fine! Editing will typically take no more than one week from the day you have made your selections; I try to get them done as quickly as possible, however. Once we do the other shoot, we'll do the same process with those.
For prints, I'd recommend waiting until we have done the second shoot so you have the 'full' set to choose from - and we can chat about different options you've got for those (ie, whether you'd prefer several 8x10s or a larger single print, etc.).
I can't wait to see what you pick!