Heather & Gavin, Feb 25, 2016
*** Please note: The Gallery will probably take 30 seconds to a minute to load the first time you view this page, because images are rather large in filesize for optimal viewing quality. Please read the instructions and notes below carefully while you wait for the gallery to load!
With Chinese internet being unreliable and slow, if the pictures are still loading very slowly, or seem to not load at all after giving it a minute, try connecting with a VPN. If you have problems still, just let me know, and we'll find a work-around.
Hello Heather & Gavin! - I had such a great time working with your family, and love the images we got!
The images below are the 'first picks' I made of all those I shot. Now you have the hard job in this next phase - picking your favorites, and the images you'd like me to do final edits of. As you pick, keep in mind the following tips and instructions:
Notes Specifically For This Album:
1) So - the good news is, we got a lot of great images. The bad news is that's more work for you at this stage! Honestly, there are some very similar shots in a few series here, and I left those in because sometimes small differences that would matter to you will stand out- but we also just got a lot of strong images.
2) With any hospital/newborn shoot, you'll notice baby has lots of marks and blotches and dry skin - very normal! After you've selected images from this gallery for your final edits, I'll do a thorough polish of all of that - and try to strike a balance of looking natural while removing distracting details from the skin. Some images I may also dual-edit in black and white - which is actually a somewhat different process, not just a preset-click - but any that I do I will also provide you with the color versions of.
3) The "First 24 Hours" package includes:
- 20 final edited images at full resolution from this gallery (per our email, added 5 edited images in lieu of prints).
- Add an extra 5 edited images for free - because there are so many, and because I'm later than usual for getting this preview gallery back to you... just been busy!
For any package, additional images can be edited and included at full resolution for an additional fee, or bought in 'packages' as listed below
Single additional edited image: 100 rmb
5 additional edited images: 400 rmb
10 additional edited images: 700 rmb
All remaining images in gallery: 1500 rmb
3) Please make your choices by leaving a 'comment' in the box below these instructions (I've left additional instructions there!). BE SURE to email or text me when you've left your comments, so I know they are there. I check back on these pages every few days, but I don't get an automatic notification when you've made your selections. :)
1) All images in the preview gallery have very basic, general edits done thus far - basically adjustments t if I would have planned on cropping in advance, etc. There is no touching up of faces/stray hairs/etc. yet, including baby blemishes - so don't worry about red blotches, etc. - I'm very good at editing those types of details, it's just somewhat intensive work for newborns especially, and can't be done for all images in a preview gallery! Basically, I'll make your final selection edits reflect the absolute best those particular pictures can be.
2) Pick images based on things like: what you have the strongest emotional response to, expressions, poses, and overall composition/framing. Don't leave an image off of your 'list' of picks because of small variations in color, tone, or small distractions (like a few stray hairs that are out of place, etc.). Those issues can all typically be fixed/corrected in editing.
3) All images below are not full-resolution; they are sized for convenient downloading/viewing here on the website. I will edit the final images you choose and give them to you on a flash drive, or make them available for digital download at full resolution, without a watermark. The size of final images is quite large - and more than enough to make large (actually, gigantic!) prints of if you wish.
4) Different people have different tastes when it comes to editing in Photoshop. I always aim for a balance of editing that looks natural, but that highlights the beauty of the subject in the most flattering way possible. Some people like images to be almost completely unedited - leave all freckles, moles, etc. I can edit the pictures for you according to your preferences - because they need to be images that resonate with you!
Selecting Your Final Images for Editing:
Please follow the instructions in the comment box below for selecting the final images you want me to edit and get to you in full-resolution. Once you have finished selecting your images in the comment box below, please either send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) - text, WeChat, or WhatsApp messages are also fine! Editing/printing will typically take approximately 7 business days from the day you have made your selections; I try to get them done as quickly as possible, however!
Once editing is finished, I will get the final edited images to you and your print. If you have selected additional images beyond what the package includes, we can discuss the easiest way to make the payment then.
I can't wait to see what you pick!